Software engineer - Java
- Backend2 years
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers.
Want to be part of the change? We’re expanding several of our engineering teams, including; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services, fraud prevention, or improving our billing service and shipping credentials to name a few.
What What you will do
- work within a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs where you will design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability and low latency
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with;
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
To succeed in this role, we think you should have;
- Extensive software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java
- Great problem solving abilities
- Working proficiency in English
What we can offer you
Culture – You’ll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our offices in Stockholm city center.
Learning – We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).